04 July 2010
~

Fourth of July. Independence Day. Our nation's birthday.

And what a GREAT nation it is!!!

We live in the best country in the entire world. Probably the entire universe (especially since we don't know of any other planets that have lifeforms and therefore countries). I've become a little bit disgusted with the political correctness of our society. When something is great, let's have no shame in admitting it's great! And I say, "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY. EVER!" Now, despise me if you dare.

I know that eating corn dogs and frozen bananas and seeing fireworks with the family isn't the most reverent way to show appreciation for the blessings our tremendous nation provides us with. However, it is because of the amazing liberties and freedoms that are so inherent in this nation's foundation, that have been preserved through great personal sacrifice on behalf of the members of our military and concerned and involved citizens, that allow me to eat a corn dog and a frozen banana and watch fireworks with my family; in peace, in prosperity, in safety. I'm very grateful for all the men and women throughout the ages whom have fought, in word and deed, for the freedom that we enjoy.

So I raise my corn dog up high, I place my hand on my heart and belt out "The Star-Spangled Banner" as a collision of light and sound fills the sky in firework finale, and thank my Heavenly Father for the blessing of living in this great nation. May it be preserved. May those who help to govern do so in wisdom. May her citizens be filled with gratitude and humility.

God bless America! (Isn't she great?!?!)





0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Noey
Denver, Colorado, United States
Day job: Registered Dental Hygienist After hours: reader, chef, inventor, knitter, collector of high heels, peruser of Jane Austen fanfiction (and sometimes author), favorite auntie, theater enthusiast, runner and recent world traveler
View my complete profile

Noey's Facebook Badge

Followers